Friday, November 7, 2008

Some Joe Fanfic to Chew On

Yeah, I know.  I’m a closet G. I. Joe-aholic.  Er, okay, that’s not exactly true either.  I’m pretty open about my obsession.

Anyway, a very kind lady on a Joe-related list mentioned two fanfics pairing my favorite of the Joe women, Lady Jaye, with one half of the Crimson Twins, Tomax.  When she mentioned it, I was totally appalled – I mean really!  Tomax?  Not that Xamot is any better but still!  ::shudders::  However… these two stories were so well written that I couldn’t help but be impressed.

So, go forth and read my young friends… LOL  Even if you’re as squicked out by this pairing as I was, you might just enjoy it.  I know I did, in a weird, voyeuristic sort of way…

The Tiger’s Cage ~ Lady Jaye encounters Tomax face to face for the first time while he's held prisoner during the events of "Pyramid of Darkness."

Dinner for Three ~ Whether Xamot likes it or not, Tomax takes Lady Jaye out for dinner. The one brother stays behind as an outlet for that which the other can not display in front of his guest.

And ya know what?  I think there’s another somewhere…

And now that I’ve looked, I was wrong… there were two more. LOL

The Jungle ~ The Joes try to stop a Cobra plot, and get more than they bargained for.

From Russia With Love ~ Lady Jaye goes the James Bond route. Updated with Epilogue-spoilers for Issue 43

The last is definitely my favorite, but they’re all worth reading, Joe fan or not.  Thanks Bonnie!

No comments: