Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dangerous Ties: Liaison ~ Anya Howard

c23253 My apologies, I have no blurb for this last story in the Dangerous Ties anthology.  Both the book cover and the website have inaccurate information regarding Ms. Howard's contribution.

That said, I think that Liaison might just be my favorite of the three.  Written in an archaic style reminiscent of Dracula and Carmilla, Anya Howard takes you back to a secluded village in Germany where odd things have been known to happen.

Marcel arrives to take a teaching position instructing the women of the village.  Not long after his arrival, he spies four of his students engaging in a sexual ritual outside his cottage.  Soon after, one of his students begins acting oddly.

From there, the quest begins.  Carina comes to him, offering herself to him.  For the sake of propriety, he turns her down... and nearly costs her her life.  A very well-written and engaging tale of vampires and magic, Liaison is a sure-fire pleaser to anyone enjoying a good old-fashioned vampire tale in the style of folklore and not popular fiction.

And this concludes the Dangerous Ties anthology.  Up next are:

Man After Midnight by Devyn Quinn

and

Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells.  Check back soon for my opinions on those and the nine million others I have yet to share.

~TCBL

1 comment:

Anya Howard said...

Thank you for reading Dangerous Ties, and I appreciate your kind words regarding Liaison! I am tickled that you enjoyed it.
Warm regards,
Anya