Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Heart Sick ~ Chelsea Cain

You can find Chelsea here and her books everywhere.

51pd59w7fSL__SL500_ Det. Archie Sheridan led the Beauty Killer Task Force for ten years, before the Beauty Killer (Gretchen Lowell) caught him, tortured him for ten days and then mysteriously let him go and turned herself in.  Now it’s two years later and Archie, addicted to pain pills and still obsessed with Gretchen, is called off medical leave to hunt a second serial killer.  Pink-haired girl journalist Susan Ward is assigned to profile Archie.  She knows he’s hiding something.  But what?  (It’s bigger than a breadbox.)

What a sick and twisted story! Gretchen is a psycho woman to be sure, but she really draws you in and you want to listen to her, need to listen to her... The entire cast of characters in this novel are interesting and intriguing. From Archie Sheridan, the cop Gretchen held hostage and tortured to his partner Henry. From the young and exciting reporter, Susan Ward, to her wayward mother, Bliss. Every last one of them will keep you turning the pages at mach speed! You'll not be able to put this book down!

I also have to add in here that I won this book in audio format in an online contest.  I’m not sure if this was the proper book to introduce me to the wide world of audiobooks because, well, it’s just downright creepy (aren’t all serial killer novels supposed to be?)… and I’d be driving down the freeway, making faces at my steering wheel. LOL 

3 comments:

said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
detweilermom said...

I didn't think I would like audio books either but my hubby bought me a mp3 player and I haven't turned back. I have probably double the amount of books I have enjoyed because i use my commute time and i have listened to books that I would never been able to get through If I would have read them.

Crazy Lady said...

I know what you mean... I now regularly visit the library for audiobooks, I think I'm hooked now. And I totally apologize for missing this comment... Blogger and it's new spam filter filtered all my ACTUAL comments. LOL