Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Books, Books, Books…

Yesterday seemed to be my day for books.  First, I get an e-mail telling me that yet another book has been mailed from PBS.  This book, Killer Year: Stories to Die For has been on my wish list for quite some time now and I was excited to see it become available. 

The next thing I discovered is that I had won a contest at Bitten by Books!  I was chosen to receive a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate from the Michelle Rowen contest.  I’m eternally grateful to both BBB and Ms. Rowen for that one!  And if you enjoy paranormal books and haven’t stopped by BBB yet, what are you waiting for?  Always a contest of some type going on and they’re so very easy to enter (and win!).

I was feeling pretty good about my good fortune and then I arrived home.  To a stuffed mailbox!

P7060001

Yup, your favorite crazy lady had hit the proverbial jackpot. 

First, I got this:

P7060002

G. I. Joe Front Line Volume 4: One-Shots.  Yes, my friends, a G. I. Joe graphic novel.  I know, I know, I’m a dork.  But I squee’d in delight just the same.  Come on, you’re talking to a girl who owns the cartoons on DVD! 

Next, was this:

P7060003

Holly’s Inbox by Holly Denham, is another I’ve waited a long time for.  The entirety of the novel is told through e-mails sent to Holly via various people in her life.  The idea intrigued me and thus, I had to order it.

Lastly, I got a double-bonus:

P7060004

Many Bloody Reutrns and:

P7060005

The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance

Both of the above books are collections of short stories by various authors (as is the Killer Year anthology from above) and both center around vampires (although this does not apply to the Killer Year anthology, we won’t hold that against it, right?).  Many Bloody Returns has a cute idea surrounding it – all the stories deal with vampire birthdays.  Hey, sounds like a great idea to me!  The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance is just that – a collection of romance stories containing vampires.  Both books are stuffed full of my favorite authors – Charlaine Harris, Kelley Armstrong, Jim Butcher, P. N. Elrod, Kimberly Raye, Lilith Saintcrow, Karen Chance and more.  Plus, the added benefit of containing stories by authors I’ve always wanted to try like Rachel Vincent, Susan Sizemore, Shiloh Walker, Rachel Caine, and Jeanne C. Stein.  So, I can’t lose with either of these, can I?

Oh!  And I almost forgot – both of these last books were won from The Qwillery, a blog hosted by my friend, Qwill (but of course, what else would you think she called herself?).  If you like books (and hell, you MUST otherwise you wouldn’t be here reading, would you?) then you really need to check her blog out.  And lookie – she even has a shiny new contest going on!

As always, thanks for coming to visit and happy reading!  I have a book review to post (well, actually, I have a LOT, but only one that I’m going to do today LOL), so be sure to come back later!

~The Crazy Book Lady

No comments: