Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Last O’Keefe: A Cassandra’s Cop Collectanea ~ Crystal Brewton (Part 1)

You can find the author here.  The anthology isn’t out yet, but check back as I’ll be sure to let you know when it is.

The Last OKeeffee Collectanea
Longer ago than I’m willing to admit, I was introduced to this series by the author and I’ve been hooked ever since.  Centered around a young woman and her husband – a Chicago police officer – and his very Irish family – The Cassandra’s Cop series quickly became one of my favorites. 

So, why part one?  Well, because there are thirty-odd stories, novellas, transitions, and what have you in this fifteen hundred page collection.  That said, I’m not quite bright enough to pull off one review for all of that.  So, you’ll get the reviews in pieces as I read.  Even for the things that aren’t quite meant to be reviewed because, I figure that, if it’s included, there’s a reason for it. 

That said, on to the first two bits!

Prologue: I like prologues and epilogues, but I might be weird.  I like that little introduction before the real story beings plus that little tying up of loose ends at the end.  I love the way that we are introduced to the O’Keefe family here, by way of a brief talk with the eldest brother, Liam. 

Happy Birthday: Another short, introductory piece.  In this brief short piece, we get to know Liam a little more and help celebrate his 102nd birthday.  I’m intrigued, however, by Will Ryder and what role he’ll play by the end. 

Up next: To Protect and Serve ~ Cassandra’s Cop.

Disclaimer: I received this book free of charge from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments: